Last year, on Dartmoor, I discovered that the vent on my MLD Cuben Duomid doesn’t close properly because the Velcro on the hood doesn’t line up properly. On that occasion, I used a clothes peg to shut it.
Since then, I’ve been thinking of a more permanent solution using either some Velcro or some snap closures.
I decided the neatest solution was to sew a strip of Velcro on the grosgrain strip that links the zip to the crown of the shelter (shown above).
This now mates properly with the Velcro on the vent hood (shown above).
The vent hood now closes securely (after removing the plastic hood stay) , preventing any wind blown rain from getting inside the shelter.